5 Easy Steps for Creating a Wedding Invitation in WhatsApp
It’s easy to create a Wedding Invitation in WhatsApp. But first, “What’s WhatsApp?’
WhatsApp Messenger is a free cross-platform instant messaging and Voice over service owned by Facebook. After downloading the app and signing up with your cell phone number, you can send text messages, photos, videos, invites, documents and make calls.
WhatsApp also enables you to send personalized digital invitations. Sending via WhatsApp is cost effective, can save you time and will allow you to reach your wedding quests instantly. You can use this as your primary source for sending invitations or complement traditional mailings. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people that aren’t familiar with online technology and may never see your invitation, so keep this list separate and plan alternative invitation routes.
Here’s how to use WhatsApp for your wedding invitations in a few easy steps:
1) Get WhatsApp: Download WhatsApp messenger, usually from Google Play and sign up with your Cell phone number.
2) Import Contact Information: make sure you first update your phone’s contact list with the names and phone numbers of all your guests. Then follow WhatsApp’s instructions for importing your contacts directly from your phone.
3) Create the Invitation: At this time, WhatsApp does not have the option to create invitation cards directly. However, you can either create your own via your phone’s photo or video apps or use popular invitation card maker apps like Canva! iOS and Android app stores also have a vast collection of invitation card maker apps. Basically all you need to do is enter the text, customize to your liking and generate an invitation image. Once you have completed the invitation image, use WhatsApp to share it with others. (See invitation ideas below.)
4) Create New WhatsApp Group: After importing your contacts to WhatsApp, choose the “New Group” option from the upper right hand corner and you will see a list of your contact names propagate below. Tap on each name that you want added to your group. Now wait a moment, and your WhatsApp group link will be successfully created.
5) Send Your Invitations: After you created your invitations or videos on your phone or favorite app., you can now attach the wedding invitation to your group chat and hit send. Of course, you can send individually if you prefer.
What to say on your Invitation?
There are many different ways to create your invitation. If you like, you can just use simple text or personally customize your invitation or video to reflect your style. In general, it is customary to add a quote, the location, time and date of the wedding and more details like Save The Date and R.S.V.P.
Other Wedding Invitation Apps
Here is a great resource that compiles various wedding invitation design apps to help save you time and money. Check them out here.
Inviting people to join WhatsApp
WhatsApp has compiled some helpful information on how to invite people to join. See these easy to follow guide.
About the Author:
House of Dipali is the leading name in elegant events, creative design and exquisite decor in the Northeast of the United States and Florida. Our team of amazing designers and in-house florists will help you create your special day and bring your vision to life.